- CBC Projects
- Why Join
- CBC 50th Anniversary Celebration
- 2021 Annual Dinner
Thank you for attending the 2018 CBC Annual Dinner. We appreciate your support. The mission of the CBC is to actively promote and build a positive business environment in Covington. The Dinner allowed us to tell the story about how we are fulfilling that mission through various projects. These funds also augment generous support from the Carol Anne and Ralph V. Haile, Jr. U.S. Bank Foundation. Examples of this work includes:
* Leading an effort, along with financial support from Meet NKY and Southbank Partners, to fund an update of City Design Standards helping to accelerate more economic development in the Downtown Covington and Mainstrasse Districts.
* Polling key businesses and nonprofits in both districts to ascertain additional services CBC can lead on their behalf
* Continue litter and graffiti removal in the central business district on an ongoing weekly basis.
* Purchasing, planting and caring for seasonal flowers along Madison Avenue in the Central Business District
* Installing and maintaining lighting on the Clay Wade Bailey Bridge in around the Third and Bakewell TANK stop creating a beautified and safer environment for one of the Transit Authority’s busiest stops in the system.
* As well as our comprehensive ongoing networking (more than 100 events annually) and our advocacy programs, weighing in on important issues to business such as taxation, incentives and education.
There has never been a stronger sense of collaboration among all the key stakeholders in Covington. We especially thank and appreciate The Catalytic Development Funding Corporation and President and CEO Jeanne Schroer, Executive Director Katie Meyer and the board of Renaissance Covington, President and CEO Eric Summe and Meet NKY, Jack Moreland, President, Southbank Partners, the Mainstrasse Village Association, the Latonia Business Association and Mayor Joe Meyer, City Manager David Johnston and Economic Development Director Tom West and various other key city staff. In our first ever CBC Annual Report, there is a connection in all our efforts that is helping the City realize its full potential. Thank you for your role in making our City a source of pride and admiration.
“The CBC has provided me the opportunity to network with other local business leaders. Being new to the area this has become a valuable resource.”