in dividends to our
customers in 20213
As a mutual company, we are accountable to you only.
That means we are fully aligned with our policy owners, not with outside investors or Wall Street. This allows us to focus on delivering lifelong value to our clients, including sharing our success with eligible participating policy owners through non-guaranteed dividends, which we’ve paid for 166 consecutive years.
What mutuality means for you:
- We’re focused on the long term, and our interests are always aligned with those of our policy owners.
- Our financial strength provides peace of mind now and in the future.
- Since 1854, we’ve paid dividends every year.
- We’ve been meeting our obligations for over 175 years, in good times and bad.
Building a caring and committed workforce.
People come to work at New York Life to contribute to the financial goals of millions of families and businesses each day. We have a diverse, nationwide workforce that allows us to support the communities where we work. Our purpose-driven mind-set has attracted people who want to do good and has resulted in great success for our company and our customers.
Our workforce thrives on its diversity.
- 58% of the workforce are women
- 37% of the workforce are people of color
- We have seven employee resource groups
We’re proud to be recognized by organizations that also value diversity.
- Forbes 2021: America’s Best Employers for Diversity4
- Human Rights Campaign: Perfect 100% score on the 2021 Corporate Equality Index5
- NAFE 2020: Top 70 Companies for Executive Women6